Ok, this thread is a product of 1) my being extremeley, extremeley bored and 2) reflection upon the 4 years of madness to which I, as well as most others on this forum, have devoted a great deal of my life. But we spend too much time on the positive, so this is my chance, and yours, to post the things that have pissed you off for the last 4 or however many years. I encourage you to be as inflammatory as possible [yea these boards have been as stale as a Norwegian escort service lately, so I thought I'd spice it up].
1) DPS 2003. You know what I hate about debate? 17 hour days dissolved into dust after ballots get switched and you go 114. Yep..one ballot tells me I have a "thick accent" and that "my China analysis is wrong" ....that was my Russia round, so let's hope so, lady. First tournament of the year...and an almost all novice final. Luckily, it went on to become the singular episode of its kind..but good lord.
2) People that talk to me at tournaments that I don't know. Usually these are people that have been told by their teammates to come up and talk to me/throw food. You know what I have to say to you degenerate little freshmen? You are gullible...so gullible that I don't trust you on the streets by yourselves. Learn to meet people before you throw your aimless trash in their faces.
3) Not having salad at tournaments. Parents usually do a fantastic job getting food for tournaments, and that's appreciated...but no salad? fruit? Aren't we trying to keep your little debaters healthy? Why can't I get other host team's freshmen to make me salad???!
4) 4 years of awards ceremonies, and there are still like 3 coaches in this state that can say my name correctly. I'm releasing an educational video, complete with bouncing syllable icon.
5) Not ever being able to watch anyone else, because they're run on top of each other and none of the finals, including state, are run on stage in front of each other.
Ok, all of those who read maddox will appreciate the comic value of this thread. Everything I say is a joke, so don't go blubbering to your mommy just yet. I encourage all of you to gripe with ferocity to match mine!