View Full Version : Memories
05-13-2003, 02:08 PM
So yeah pretty self explanitory. What are your favorite or least favorite moments in your personal discussion history?
05-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Just a quick one, more to come later.
Finding out after high school that I made Andrea Braun cry on a regular basis! Boo-YA!!!!
05-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Ah, my favorite memories of Disco:
* Loosing the nice typed name plate that Molly made for me, and quickly making a cheap one instead for the rest of the season
* Hog Farming!!!!!!!!!!!
* having a 14 minute round with David Brown at Eagan
* Falling asleep and almost missing a round at Marshall (Oops)
*Having my entire bin fall apart in finals, and turning red as everyone laughed at me
*I like boats! (Inside Joke)
05-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Awwww, what a nice trip down memory lane:
* Hearing that Aaron was actually afraid of me during our freshman year
* "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!"
* Getting hugged by Tim Bunget after the Apple Valley awards ceremony
* Winning my home tournament two years in a row!
* Discussing whether a nudist family is considered alternative (2002 state 3rd round)
* Telling my teammate, Jon Swanson, to shut up in a final round
* Calling Andrea Braun "Amanda" my entire freshman season
* Meeting lots and lots of smart, handsome young men :wink:
* Winning the State Speech Tournament with my parents in the audience (final round at state was the first and only time they ever watched me compete)
* "When my mommy and daddy took me out of private school...."
Everyone needs to be brave like Sean and share some embarassing moments!
05-15-2003, 01:53 PM
While there are lots of memories, the one combined memory has got to be the disco 4...3 A's and a J...disco posse...whatever you wanna call it, the best overall memory was this year getting to know ashley, aaron, and aaron and compete against them so much. Of course, within that, there are great memories:
-Making fun of Marquette's posture
-Marquettes impressions of ANYBODY and EVERYBODY
-"Boy, Mrs. Olson, that was a single A parking job."
-Going to Davids house and not leaving.
and number 1...(out of this list):
-"In fifth place...not ashley...fourth...third...second...." In case you didn't figure it out, one of the highlights was not only finaling with aaron and ashley, but seeing ashley win. :D
05-15-2003, 05:56 PM
* Whoa whoa whoa
* The attempts at disco "practice" where kate, brit, and I laugh the whole time and drove john crazy
*Aaron's flow of final round at apple valley, wow that was amazingly funny.
*things that were "Hella Insane"
*Sasquatch, B, Pedaphile
~~~thats all i can think of right now, but there are many more.
05-16-2003, 03:45 AM
Some memories just from this year:
* You three laughing through practices drove me nuts too
* Burn.....Truth. Yes, that was good
* Hai, or however you'd spell that, The jailbird japanese outfit
* Tipping back in the courtyard chair, all the way to the ground
* Flowing a Single A state round, simply horrible round, fun flow
* Flowing Aaron and John's state rounds
* Section 2AA whooping up at State
* Seeing the East Disco team taking the top half of the awards, all the time
* "John can't hear anything I'm saying right now"
* Watching the culmination and growth of Aaron Danberry over the past 4 years, into the man he is now.
* Presenting the Speaker of the Year award to Aaron.
05-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Some of the best and worse memories from this year:
*Trying to double-enter at the Tech Early Bird, and arriving to a round with one minute of research time left.
*Taking 2nd at Apple Valley and finding out later I got 1st.
*Repeating Conference Champion with my teammate Dave receiving 2nd.
*Third round at Forest Lake: Judge is only 19, wore a stocking cap all round, stared at ceiling for 10 minute, and completly set down his critique for 20 minutes. After handing in his ranks for the round, I went up to him and said that I thought he looked a bit bored during the round, with his reply being "Yeah, it was like watching paint dry." Needless to say, he screwed me out of finals with a 4.
*Making it to State, and then making it to finals. That was the best, and to everyone in finals, it was a great pleasure to speak with you, especially Ashley. Great job, it was nice to compete for the first time since Apple Valley's final.
*Having Colin Smith telling jokes in State Final and then having Paul cough the words "Suck up" and pretty much saying that Bush "Sucks."
*"I think that we are getting boged down in samantics." -- Ben Fribley. Something that I used at State three times, and a Saint Cloud area phrase that we fight to be the first to say, and try not to laugh when we say it since we know it was coming and have all heard it before.
05-17-2003, 11:57 AM
haha, I remember that Ben used that exact same phrase at St Cloud Tech for me. It's a good saying, but I dont think I'll adapt it...
JOIN LD DEBATE!!! Its not as good as disco, I'll warrant, but it is so much fun. All of you guys would do really well in it, so give it a shot.
05-18-2003, 09:56 AM
i agree...join LD....Marquette, Sean, and I have crossed over, you should too. :)
05-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey hey hey! MEMORIES.....M E M O R I E S
Not recruitment for stupid LD!
05-19-2003, 02:36 PM
David i dont even think we are going to have a policy team next year :(
06-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Well, here are my favorite memories from disco.
1. Learning to schmooze.
2. The look on Brandon Mason's face.
3. Post-it notes. ("The colors, children, the colors!")
4. Quote Lists.
5. "Whoa, whoa, whoa" Can't deny it.
6. Discussing effective disco strategies with my coach and somehow getting onto the topic of aluminum versus wood bats when it comes to skulls.
7. Arriving ten minutes late to a round and still getting the one...I knew I'd found the category for me then, folks.
8. Watching my boyfriend play guitar onstage at the Schwan's thing. And the inflatable toys.
9. Pulling the Kant analysis in the last ten minutes.
10. The trophy stash in the back of my car. Thank the Good Lord for those back-of-the-seat pockets.
Thanks for the memories, guys.
A very bored Megan.
07-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey Podvin, remember when Eric Olinger and I would drink a ton of caffeine before going to a speech meet? That was awesome. Sometimes I did really well while hyper, and others (particularly times when I lacked sleep) I did just terrible.
We left Laura Abe at state. :lol:
07-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Dave those were good times. This year you still had your turbo truffles, and I had a couple once in a while. The best memory was when Dave, my teammate really supported me at State. We can sure see how popular discussion is when my only two supporters in State Finals are my disco teammate, Dave, and Gin from Milaca. GO DISCO!!
07-26-2003, 01:21 AM
sorry jon, I didnt watch state finals, the temptation to see tom finley was too great. But next year you guys will have more specrtators, as I want to form a disco fan club for all of you guys!
PS: I know that our section got switched around, did anyone else get the same treatment?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.